Kratom is a natural supplement. The tree belongs to Southeast Asia’s Espresso family. Its scientific name is ‘Mitragyna Speciosa’. Kratom leaves have been used for centuries in Homeopathic medicinal discipline. In the last few years, Western society is getting aware of its benefits to combat anxiety, stress, and opiate withdrawal symptoms. It has been used in the past for its anti-pain and stimulating properties.
Kratom is consumed in different forms including capsules, powder, and extract. Extracts are kratom is available in oil or liquid tincture form. You can look for OPMS kratom tincture online, which is made from extracts.
What is the difference between extracts and powder?
Dried leaves of kratom are finely ground to produce the powder. To produce extract leaves of kratom are crushed and boiled for a long time. A lot of water is evaporated leaving behind a thick and dark paste. The paste is loaded with the plant’s active compound like 7-hydroxy mitragynine and mitragynine.
- A high dose of kratom powder is needed in comparison to kratom tincture. A high dosage can make you less tolerant and addicted to Kratom. On the other hand, a small dosage of extracts works very well.
- Extract makes it perfect for using safe and precise dosage to achieve pain relief.
- It acts as a stimulant and pain reliever depending on the measurement. Its effect lasts for 5 to 6 hours.
- As the taste of kratom is very unsavory and the amount of powder to be consumed directly can prompt retching or choking, it is an ideal option for beginners.
- If you make tea from its leaves, you have to spend time in brewing.
Medical use of kratom extracts
Kratom extract in concentrated form is perfect in medical treatments for conditions like –
- Chronic pain
- Muscular dystrophy
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Complex regional pain syndrome
Kratom extract grading
Extracts are very potent than regular kratom powder. Concentration in the extract can be identified from its grading. Grading on the packing can be like 10x or 5x or 3x or 1x.
People believe that grading 3x means kratom extract is 5 times potent than the regular powder form. Grading is the pointer of the extract’s potency level. Wrong? It means 3 grams of crushed kratom leaves were used in producing 1 gram of extract, so the label says 3x. If 5 grams of leaves were used to produce 1 gram extract, then it will read 5x.
Therefore, there is no way to find out which extract is stronger than the 15x or 20x. Alkaloid differs from one strain to another. Therefore strain is a better indicator of potency than grading.
Stress is normal, so managing it is a full-time task. The next stage is anxiety and depression, which continues for a long time. Maeng da and Red Bali strains are great for analgesic and relaxing effects. Indo and Borneo kratom extracts are best for stress relief. They differ in sedation effects. The latter is more sedative than the former.